Sunday services are held in our auditorium at:
10.15am | 7pm
nbcKID’S ROCK (age 0 – Year 6) & BOLDER (Year 7-8)
are held during morning service.
Loving God, loving each other, loving the community
Loving God and loving your neighbour; all of the Law and Prophets hang on those two great commandments. They are, in essence, a summary of the Bible and the essence of Northcote Baptist Church’s teaching.
But love is more than a feeling; it is a commitment and a motivation that moves you to action. It has to do with putting in the time and effort and care that it takes to develop a real relationship – a connection – with God, with each other and with our community.
For us at Northcote Baptist Church, love involves supporting and serving each other. This makes Northcote Baptist Church a friendly, family orientated church made up of a diverse group of people – from all walks of life and many different nationalities – struggling together to follow Jesus in our world and in all of life.
We freely admit we’re far from perfect, but we’re committed to the goal of becoming – by God’s strength – more and more like the human beings God intends us to be.
We believe in the true humanity and Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, who made atonement on the cross for the sin of the world…
- In the divine inspiration of Holy Scripture as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct;
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead;
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the Fall, rendering all people subject to God’s wrath and condemnation;
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death (as our representative and substitute) of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God;
- The bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead;
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ;
- The indwelling of the believer by the Holy Spirit, and his activity in the Church today reproducing by his fruit the character of Jesus in our lives, and empowering us by his gifts to continue the ministry of the risen Lord;
- The expectation of the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ;
- The sovereignty of God in Creation, Revelation, Redemption and Final Judgment;
- The one holy universal Church, the Body of Christ, to which all true believers belong.